Social Security and Tax Info

Social Security

Visiting scholars can apply for a Social Security Card. You must use your DS-2019 showing you are a scholar at NNU to apply. You may apply for a card at any Social Security office. They require you to bring your:
  • Passport
  • I-94 Departure Card (white card from Customs) or printed copy of the electronic I-94 form (I-94 Replacement)
  • DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility form 
  • Application for a Social Security Card
Be sure to GET YOUR RECEIPT as this is your only proof of employability until you receive your card in the mail. Be sure to provide the Social Security Office a valid mailing address on your application.

Social Security Office Location:
1118 South Kimball Ave
Caldwell, ID 83605

Tax Information

April 15th is the deadline for reporting income from the previous year. Reporting can be done as soon as you get your tax documents from your employer. To find out about your requirements and responsibilities, please consult a tax advisor and read the information on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website:

IRS Income reporting information can be found:
International Taxpayers
Foreign Student and Scholars