F-1: Travel

When travelling outside of the U.S. you will need to carrry the following documents:
  • I-20 Form (signed by the PDSO or DSO)
  • Passport (valid at least 6 months into the future)
  • I-94 Form
  • A valid F-1 visa
  • Unofficial Transcripts
In addition to the above documentation it is advisable to bring your evidence of financial support, such as a bank statement or scholarship letter.

Obtaining a Travel Signature
It is essential that you obtain a travel signature on your I-20 form from a PDSO or DSO before traveling outside the US!
Please be aware that it takes from 3 – 5 days to obtain a travel signature, so it is important for you to plan ahead. 

Canadian Students
Canadian students do not require a visa to enter the US. However, they are still considered international students and must have a valid I-20 when re-entering the US.

Airport and transportation information
Flights should be arranged to Boise International Airport (BOI).
Taxi service is available outside of the airport arrival area. The cost is approximately $75 to NNU.
Public transportation around NNU is limited. Valley Ride bus information.