International Student - Application for Admission
International Student Application Process
Application deadline for international students for the fall semester is July 1, spring semester deadline is October 1. Please note: not all materials are required by the specific deadlines; main application form must be completed. If your I-20 isn't issued by July 15 for the fall semester or November 15 for the spring semester your application will automatically be postponed to the following semester.
STEP 1 To be considered for admission the following documents are required:
- Application for Admission
- Official High School Transcripts
from your high school or secondary school, showing grades for all courses and the date of graduation. After receiving your transcripts NNU may request you to have them evaluated by World Education Service (or any other transcript evaluation service with membership in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) for evaluation.
- Official College Transcripts (Transfer students only)
from all colleges or universities attended, showing grades for all courses taken. After receiving your transcripts NNU may request you to have them evaluated by World Education Service (or any other transcript evaluation service with membership in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) for evaluation.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores report
- TOEFL IBT score of 79 or above OR an IELTS score of 6.0 or above is required for admission into our traditional undergraduate program.
- Students with a TOEFL IBT score of 60-78, or an IELTS score of 5.0-6.0 will be required to enroll in our ESL program.
- Because NNU's ESL program is designed to teach advanced/academic English, students with a low score or no score may be admitted to the ESL program on a case by case basis and will be required to interview with the program director to determine admission and/or placement.
- ACT or SAT Scores (if available, this can be submitted in place of a TOEFL or IELTS score)
- Declaration of Finances (PDF)
- Official Bank Statement or other document verifying the availability of funding
STEP 2 Once you are accepted to NNU the following documents are required before we issue your I-20:
- Academic Planning Form - to help us prepare your course schedule (not required for students enrolling in our ELI program)
- Residential Status Agreement - to help us assign you housing on campus
- Immunization Record Download
STEP 3 Before classes begin, you will need to submit the following:
- $250 Advance Tuition Deposit
- Proof of Student Insurance